Monday, May 5, 2008

Phone Call

I was watching my dance group videos on YouTube, and I felt the sudden urge to give my mom a call. I immediately caught myself however and realized that there was no one to call.

These past few years while I've been in college, I got used to not seeing my mother for long periods of time. So, during the initial loss, it did not feel weird not talking to her or seeing her for awhile. Now, as time is dragging on, I'm catching myself wanting to call her up. Every time this happens, I realize that I can't.

It's starting to sink in, the sense that I will never be able to speak with her again. It hurts because there are so many things I want to share with her. I'm still developing as a person and she'll never be able to see what I'm passionate about or who I am.

No comments: